Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Isn't it magic...

Isn't it magic in the movies?
How you meet somebody doing,
The most innocent of daily set routines.
And you find the guts to speak out,
And the lines are sweet from your mouth,
And you're whisked away upon a fated dream.

But in reality, I'm locked up fast,
And when I'm out I'm cold,
No enterprise reveals itself,
No story will unfold.

What a charmless scene we're in,
Oh, when will the games begin?
When will innocence be won?
When will god shine down his sun?

Isn't there glory in a painting!
The beauty of creation,
A vivid mark that sets your spirit free.
And you fly above the sterile room,
The notions in your head ring true
And you leave the place befitting of a babe.

But in the real world,
I'm chained to ground,
There's grey upon my wings,
The chance to fly passes me by,
And I'm afraid to sing.

What a charmless scene we're in,
Oh, when will the games begin?
When will innocence be won?
When will god shine down his sun?

The melody will one day come...

No comments:

Post a Comment