Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just For Once

People always, probably naturally, want to know the lyrics to songs my band releases. It's always pretty entertaining listening to the public give their take on them and what they mean. Then it's even more entertaining to listen to people I know place themselves within my lyrics.

So, go ahead...Just For Once.

At the first sign of winter's cold I took your hand in mine
At the first sign of autumn leaves you took these eyes and made them shine
Just for once...

Would you let me be the one? Would you let me be the one?


At the first sign of summer's sun we sat down, watched those waves

But at the first sign of bad weather you left me searching again


And I wish just for once...


We'd be out of our minds, we'd risk all we could ever know

We'd be running so fast, god couldn't set us to stone

 Would you let me be the one? Would you let me be the one?

On the night of our lives you saw straight through these pair of lies

And you gave me the keys to your car and we drove off for miles and miles

And we looked out on those city lights and we shouted out, to the stars


Just for once...


We'd be out of our minds, we'd risk all we could ever know

We'd be running so fast, god couldn't set us to stone


Would you let me be the one? Would you let me be the one?


I wish just for once, I wish just for once, I wish just for once, let me hold you love

Let me be, let me be the one


Just for once...

 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen you guys play this song a couple of times and loved it.

    There's a beautiful truth and tension to the lyrics. Looking forward to a recording of it.

    ReplyDelete