Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2010: the second half...time to praise

For most of the first half of last year I was documenting my favourite new musical discoveries regularly on here but I did slack off a little over the final 6 months, so this is why I'm recapping a bit with these latest two blogs.

I already mentioned I wasn't totally blown away by anything over this second period - but this doesn't mean there wasn't any good music released, there definitely was. So I'm going to list my highlights of the "best of a quite lovely but not mind-blowing bunch" below.

I'm not going to give any huge descriptions of each of these artists - just know that I enjoyed their albums and most of the songs I've linked to are my favourites from those.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today



Brandon Flowers - Flamingo



Lissie - Catching a Tiger



The Tallest Man on Earth - Sometimes the Blues is Just a Passing Bird



Robert Plant - Band of Joy



Micah P Hinson - ...And The Pioneer Sabateurs



Das Racist - Shut Up, Dude



Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - III/IV



Great North - Newfoundland

No comments:

Post a Comment