Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rock and roll returns...

I've just uncovered my favourite band discovery in a long time - and it's not folk, synth-pop, dance or dubstep.

It's heavy, angsty rock and roll. It's Dead Confederate.

If you are even slight fan of bands like The Veils, Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Silverchair then go and get their album, Wrecking Ball, right this moment. Don't even read the rest or listen to a sample - I'm so sold on these guys it's stupid. And I think you will be too.



Pretty much all the songs on this album are great - the highlight being The Rat. Vocalist Hardy Morris is just incredible. Have a listen here:



I haven't bought the rest of their catalogue just yet - but that will be happening in the coming hours I assure you.

This, people, is a sign that great rock bands are returning and that people want it. It makes me excited as hell.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I like.
    Video clip is kinda creepy - child killing someone wrapping them in a black rubbish bag and burying them..
    But yeah definitely exciting :D

    ..At least amazing, amazing bands like Midnight Youth are around <3

    ReplyDelete