Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hip-hopping

One of the roads life has turned me down recently has been into the world of hip-hop and rap.

It's an unlikely match, I know, but I've always been a sly fan of 90s acts like NWA, KRS One, 213 and Tupac - I tend to enjoy a really clear rap with big hooks which these guys gave/give in bunches. But I haven't really kept too close an eye on more recent acts except for in New Zealand where I've always ben a fan of people like PNC and David Dallas. Which leads me to my next twist...

A little while ago Sam Hansen (PNC), who I've got along with well the past few years, asked me to try and come up with a hook for a song on his new mixtape album. So I came up with some ideas over a bed he sent me and he was stoked on them - so very soon you can hear my release-debut into the hip-hop world, and FOR FREE, from his website on March 30: http://www.pncmusic.co.nz/


Since recording that track I was also put onto a couple of albums that have kept my hip-hop roll going: The Book Of David by DJ Quik, The Notorius XX by Wait What (a mashup album of Biggie and The XX) and Wugazi by 13 Chambers (Wu-Tang/Fugazi mashup). All are awesome in the way I love hip-hop and rap, so get them too if you're feeling my buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment