Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tour - Day 24

Number One
Reunited
It's been over three weeks since I tasted the sweet, sweet nectar of brown spread - but, here in Liverpool, I was offered a break to fast, and I took it with two hands. Thank you Liverpool.

NB: Marmite here actually tastes a lot like "Our Mate"...it's near the bottom of the brown spread pyramid-of-power, but at this point I'll take it!

Number Two
BBQ
We caught the train back to London, I downed a few more episodes of Sons of Anarchy on the way, and then I headed off to join some old Kiwi friends for a BBQ and a few beers. A lovely way to end my stay in the UK - even though it wasn't exactly BBQ weather in Wimbledon. I need to find some pork and chili sausages when I get back...

Number Three
Football fever
After the feed we sat down and watched the final of the Champions League between Chelsea and Bayern Munich. I'd hazard a guess that almost every pub in the UK was packed for this game and it didn't fail to deliver a spectacle - it all came down to a penalty shootout to find a winner. On the late walk back to our accomm, the streets were full and loud with Chelsea fans singing their team's praises. I wish New Zealanders, in general, had more outward passion for things other than just the All Blacks - there is nothing that I've seen in sport in NZ that can match the excitement created by even a Championship game of football here in the UK.
We're off to Singapore tomorrow, so it's goodbye to England.

No comments:

Post a Comment