Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tour Day Ten

Number One
Best interview ever
I awoke this day in horrible shape after the night before and things didn't get better as Si and I had to drive 40 minutes to do four hours of interviews. The first one we had blew me away. We walked into the interviewer's house - a classic retired couple's environment - and thought, "oh crap, here we go with some weird interview our manager has set up for us". But, as soon as the questions started rolling in, we knew we were in for something special. For the next hour and a half we were treated to absolutely the best interview I'd taken part in. The guy, Howard Benjamin, has been interviewing pretty much everyone in the music business over the past 25 years...and it shows. We'd never been asked the depth of questions he came up with and his research into the band was incredible. Hopefully it'll be online somewhere soon!

Number Two
Worst interview everAfter a brilliant start to the afternoon of press we had high hopes for our next encounter. Instead we were served up the most amateur radio interview of my life. So that turned our minds right back into the world of our hangovers. Bad news.

Number Three
LA Life
In the evening, after a good few hours of rest, we headed out to an "exclusive party" in Hollywood where we were introduced to the social world of LA. It was a place where we were introduced to "actor from...", "producer from...", "director from..." and on and on. It was really interesting meeting them all and noting how they all held themselves and presented themselves in this kind of situation. Yeah I know that sounds weird - but I'm not very familiar with that world and tend to avoid it as much as possible as I'm no natural. So I was studying up in some sense! Anyway, here's me with "a model from Maxim" and "a manager to the stars".

No comments:

Post a Comment