Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

July - a month of firsts

I have devised a simple way of being productive in the coming month.

I have a number of things happening to me in July that will be 'firsts' for me and I marveled at how good that makes me feel to know they're lined up. So I decided to take this feeling further and make this coming month a whole month of 'firsts' - one every day.

For example, yesterday I had my first kick-around at the Auckland Domain and today I'm making my first ever hearty winter stew.

They can be relatively trivial things like the above, though if I can, I'm aiming for some more significant entries into my life experience.

This week, I'm playing my first ever professional gig under my own name. It's not a huge deal and it's just me and a guitarist, but it's a challenge I haven't come up against before and I love the idea of it.

Next week I head into a studio to record the first ever batch of songs that will be released under my own name.

Hopefully my list of 'firsts' will add up to an exciting month and one that can bear fruit that I can share with you at some point in the future.

Let me know if you decide to follow my suit and if anything exciting comes of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment