Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Album of my Week: Songs of Patience

From the first note of the first song I heard from Alberta Cross I was a fan. So it's always a great week when a band like that releases a new album.
This, their second, is a more expansive record than their first - it has more shades of expression in sound and content than their first and is a lot more hook-laden (which people may rebel against...but it just makes me sing along a whole lot easier).

If you haven't heard of them before, they're a US band with a leg in each camp of Southern Rock and British Rock - quite like another great band I've touted on here before: Boxer Rebellion.

There aren't many rock bands left in the world (sorry), but these guys are holding the flag pretty damn high right now, so listen if you're still a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment