Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Demo Wars!

Ello ello to all!

I hope, like me, you've all had an amazing festive holiday - wherever you are in the world. You can probably guess by my lack of updates of late that mine has been particularly indulgent. But now I'm back in creation mode, plans are in place for a big 2013 and I'd love for you to play a big part in all the fun. Starting next week.

Why next week? Well, I just had this idea, so the timing suits for this man of spontaneity - next week is when I am going to begin sharing with you home demos of what will become my first solo release. The reason for this is that I want you all to have an input into what songs I'll take into a proper studio.

I'm going to call this enterprise "Demo Wars"!



Every week for the next wee while I want to reveal two songs to you that are battling to be a part of my final lineup - often because they are quite similar in sound or vibe and I don't want the record to be monotonous.

What I'd love, is for you to let me know which ones 'get you', which ones draw you in and make you want to hear how they'll develop in a studio situation.

I'm going to run a poll every week on my Facebook page and also collect comments both there and here on this blog.

I realise that there's only so many of you listening, but I'll appreciate any and all feedback. I no longer have a band to provide 'quality control' so it's now you who have the job of either praising me, giving me the silent treatment or simply shooting me down. And don't worry about the latter - I have a thick skin....hopefully!

 So come Monday, NZ Time, the games begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment