Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Northern Hospital School

A little while ago I was lucky enough to be invited along to a little school in my hometown of Tauranga, the Northern Hospital School, to do some music mentoring for the NZ Music Commission.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, most of the kids there were new to the idea of song-writing but there a few who were active writers and some who were very musical.

I wanted to share with you two songs that I co-created with two of the students. My goal while there was to show how simple it can be to write a song and so these were just that: simple, fast creations that satisfy an expression. Down the road, these guys could easily take these demos to a band situation, flesh them out, get a real guitarist etc..and make them sound awesome. The point is that anyone can do this.

The first was a lyrical creation by Matthew Long that I put music to:



The second was written largely by Lucian (not sure of his surname sorry) - he wrote the lyrics and chords and I just arranged both into what it is now.



Not bad huh?

1 comment:

  1. This is inspirational. Was wondering if you are keen to do some cowriting? ralphe@thisflighttonight.com

    ReplyDelete